Human Resources Department
Thank you for your interest in employment with Moencopi Day School Panthers! To apply you must include the following, if applicable:
- Completed Employment Application
- Resume (Optional)
- Letter of Interest
- High School Diploma or Unofficial College Transcript(s)
- Arizona Teacher Certificate (Required for certified positions)
Applications are accepted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (P.O. Box 185, Tuba City, AZ 86045), Fax (928) 283-4662. Electronic signatures are accepted. MDS does not make copies.
Your application becomes inactive upon closing of vacancy.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: The Hopi Tribe gives preference to eligible and qualified applicants in accordance with the Moencopi Day School (MDS) Hopi Preference Policy, then to qualified Natives and Non-Native Americans.
HOUSING: No housing available on school campus however, Greyhills High School rents to the community.
Need to renew your certificate? Look at our renewal information.
Do you need to verify full-time PreK-12 teaching experience? Use the Verification of PreK-12 Teaching Experience form
Do you have a valid out-of-state certificate? Look at our reciprocity information.
The state of Arizona requires all substitute teachers to possess a bachelor’s degree in any field and obtain a substitute teaching (PreK through 12) certificate.
- To apply for a substitute teaching (PreK through 12) certificate, you must complete an application.
- Obtain a fingerprint clearance card (IVP) at the Arizona Dept of Public Safety.
- Appropriate fee (See Application for Certification).
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Official transcript(s) required.
- A photocopy of your valid Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (IVP) fingerprint card. For more information visit http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/fingerprintclearance-card-ivp/
- Submit the substitute teaching (PreK through 12) certificate, fingerprint card, official college transcripts, and substitute certificate fee to:
Arizona Department of Education
Phone Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Or in person between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at: (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
Arizona Department of Education
1535 West Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Your substitute certificate is good for 6 years and is renewable.
The Emergency Substitute Certificate entitles the holder to substitute in the temporary absence of the certified teacher.
Emergency Substitute Certificate holders are limited to 120 days of substitute teaching per school year.
The application for this certificate, A Request for Issuance of the Emergency Substitute Certificate, must be signed by a District or Charter School Superintendent and is only available at the District or School.
Applicants must meet all appropriate requirements for initial issuance or re-issuance.
The state of Arizona requires a fingerprint clearance card prior to approving the substitute teaching certificate. *Individual districts may require additional background checks. Please review ‘background check’ located in the application for those specific details.
- To obtain a fingerprint clearance card, visit the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Fingerprint cards can take four to six weeks to process.
- The cost is about $75.00 but can vary by vendor location.
- Fingerprint clearance cards are valid for six years.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package. We will provide information regarding benefits during the hiring process. Current employees may contact our carriers directly with questions or concerns regarding benefits.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Workers Comp
- 401K Retirement
Physical Address: 322 AZ-264 Moencopi, Tuba City, Arizona 86045
(928) 283-5361 EXT. 1026
*No Housing Available on School Campus. Greyhills High School rents to the community.